Where to put user written program

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 16:33:29 CDT 2007

On 7/20/07, Scott Oertel <freebsd at scottevil.com> wrote:
> >     /home/Logcooker/bin
> >

> Well, this would be more secure, provided you have a specially crafted
> sudoer's file for that "Logcooker" user so that they may access the
> logs, although after some period of creating maintenance scripts the
> sudo file will start to get very very large and complicated, leaving you
> with a user that has nearly the same as root privileges
>

> -Scott Oertel

no, no, no -- use group permissions.  Although the way people use sudo,
you'd think they'd just go ahead and use all the SEL features.  The
inside-out thinking required to use groups effectively is a genuine
usability barrier.

Did anyone from that crazy summer class at ITT I taught earlier this year
actually sign up for this mailing list like I encouraged them to do?

--
Never give an order that can't be obeyed.
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/d/douglas_macarthur.html