Web services "in" the KC area.

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 00:07:59 CDT 2007

On 7/3/07, Greg Brooks <gregb at west-third.com> wrote:

> Actually, the way to get these things addressed with any public-sector
> agency is during the RFP stage. The consultant they selected developed a
> solution like this is because the RFP didn't specifically call upon them
> do something different.
>
> The fix - and it's not an immediate fix, but it *is* the one most likely
> prevail over the long haul - is to educate KCATA management about the
> potential market they're impacting and encourage them, during their next
> system upgrade, to take users of other browsers and systems into account.
>
> If you push for an immediate fix, they haven't budgeted for it and it's
> too
> easy for them to say no.
>
> Greg

At one time there were "holy wars" about HTML email  too.
I am still not sure which school of zealotry was more worthy in the end.
The issue of what I shall hence forth suggest we refer to as "Browser
Agnosticism"
is potentially a landmark point in Open Source gaining universal credence.
When will we be vocal enough a market force to demand and receive Browser
Agnostic functionality as a minimum standard?

Perhaps a logo akin to the Bluetooth logo except denoting "BA" for Browser
agnostic?

Because in the end it still reeks more of a compulsion to force MS usage
than forgivable sloth against bothering to code for low market share
browsers. Which is further rendered laughable by a quick search for the % of
non MS browser users. And in closing yet again we have the void between cold
facts and motivations.  Driven by whatever deciding force makes one lightly
discard the non MS using base.  Lemmings come to mind here.