Ethereal

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 19:20:48 CST 2007

On 1/26/07, Brian Kelsay <ripcrd at gmail.com> wrote:
>One
> customization I plan for KiosKCD is update Flash to ver. 9 and add the
> mplayer browser plugin, but if you add the codecs, then you can't
> redistribute.

I just happened to do a fresh install of Xubuntu on a mid-low end
machine, a P3 650/128MB/15GB Gateway.  It has FF 1.5 out of the box
and when I tried to view something on Google Video it notified me of
needing a plugin for Flash, of course.  I let it try to install it on
it's own and it actually worked.  about:plugins shows me that it's got
libflashlayer.so Shockwave Flash 9.0 r31 and it works ok.  I got to
watch an Audioslave video on a fresh Ubuntu Linux install with no
funny command line stuff that a newbie would need to know, or be
scared of, with the regular full install.  Just a simple
in-the-browser follow the prompts installation.   You may not need to
bundle Flash on a distro if it can be easily installed at run time
from the existing net connection.  That would easily sidestep any of
the redistribution req's of the license.

Jon.