Could this have been prevented with Linux? OR common sense?

Don Ellis don.ellis at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Jan 16 11:52:26 CST 2007

Yet another reason I like the execution paradigm on the Mac. In
WindBlowz, you can close any individual window, but the application
continues -- at least to the uninitiated, each window has to be
closed separately. In MacOS (classic and current), you can quit the
application and all windows close together.

--Don Ellis (trying a new mail client)

[PS - of course turning on popup blocking in the web browser is
almost always helpful (except when necessary to run a web application)]