Gentoo

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon Jan 8 09:24:06 CST 2007

On Sunday 07 January 2007 23:02, Luke-Jr wrote:

> True, except that no essential system package depends on anything with this
> problem generally.

You know, I wouldn't have mentioned the problem if I hadn't had it.  I'm not
making this stuff up.  I'm not sure what kind of response you expect
here.  "Oh, no, that never really happened"?  Except it did.

I could give you more examples of specific problems I've had with gentoo,
largely due to bad packaging, but as you've pointed out that ends up being a
very negative rant, and I don't mean it.

So rather than beat it into the ground, I'll just let what I've said stand.