Adobe

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 20:10:17 CST 2007

On 1/5/07, Jonathan Hutchins <hutchins at tarcanfel.org> wrote:

> Somebody on the IRC channel ("Alter-Ego") said that adobe products allow
> average users to create great web sites.  I disagree.  I think that they
> allow people who would have created great web sites without adobe do do
> things a bit differently.  People who would have created lousy web sites
> without adobe will still create lousy web sites - they'll just have a
> meaningless animated splash page on them.

Funny you should bring this up.
I just today was using a new install of Firefox lacking all the "plugins".
The experience of so many websites being essentially unusable unless one has
the "eye candy" turned on and plugins downloaded is depressing. It blocks
the handicapped folks using screen readers. It just plain  smells of a
society that has become so Attention Span Deficient that "if it don't flash
they won't look at it"

Or am I understating it?