Old Computer Book Recycling?

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 11:31:14 CDT 2007

I know there are some very nice people working in
libraries.  My father has been working in a library
for 30 years.  One of the things which makes a
librarian very angry is to see someone else damage or
destroy a book, and one thing they have to do which
can make them very sad is to have to destroy or throw
out a book themselves.

Here I am with a load of books which are no longer
useful to anyone except very tiny niche collectors, so
by handing them off to a library I'm essentially
saying to a bunch of dedicated librarians "destroy
these books for me so I don't have to destroy them
myself."  I don't want that kind of guilt, so I was
thinking of recycling instead.