ITEC Booth is a bit small this year.

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 16:03:21 CDT 2006

I'm currently at the ITEC Exhibitor Hall, and it would
appear that all our grand designs need to be scaled
back a bit.  The booth is a lot smaller this year from
last year's booth.  We are sharing a 15' wide by 10'
deep booth (approximately) *with three other groups*.
We might have room for one demo system.  As I have no
LCD monitors and can only bring in a 17" CRT, I think
I'll bow out of the demo systems this year.

I do have the BBC FOSS video (the one released under
the Creative Commons license) on DVD and OGG video,
which we could play on a demo system at the front of
the booth.  Color and sound attract more people than
just people and informational literature.  All we have
to do is play the show credits every time and we
fulfill the "attribution" requirement of their CC
license.

I have a reasonably large sign saying "Free Linux
CDs!" which should attract attention.  I'll set that
up tonight along with the brochures and the cards, and
I'll see all of you tomorrow.