Speaking of converting people to Linux

Chris Bier chris.bier at cymor.com
Tue Oct 24 13:53:26 CDT 2006

Wouter Verhelst: Conversion in progress
http://www.grep.be/blog/2006/10/24#conversion_in_progress

Excerpt:
Sometimes the things you want don't happen until you stop trying so hard.

For as long as we've had Intel-compatible computers here at home, my
parents have been running Windows. At first I didn't care—this was
before I had even heard about Linux, let alone install it—but as I
became more and more involved in Linux, I wanted more and more for them
to make the change, too. Especially given how I'm still supposed to be
responsible for making sure their machine keeps running; if I wasn't, I
wouldn't care as much.

These are the approaches I've taken to try to convert them, and why they
failed: