linux distro for laptop

djgoku djgoku at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 22:58:31 CDT 2006

On 10/22/06, steve trog <scuba_steve660022 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> hey all long time member but i never post anything i just read it all.
> anyway i got a toshiba satalite A105-S4054 and im tired of using windows xp
> on every thing (i keep it on my main comp b/c i play alot of games) and i
> want linux oin my laptop because i love the freedome and all the stuff i can
> do and change on linux. is athere a good distro to put on a laptop computer
> or is any distro good? please tell me something good im looking forward to
> hearing from ya'll.

I would fully recommend OpenBSD even though it is neither Linux, nor a
distro. OpenBSD 4.0 which will be released in a little over a week
will support your wireless (taken from http://openbsd.org/40.html):
New binary blob free wpi(4) driver for Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG IEEE
802.11a/b/g wireless.
Though if you are wanting everything done for you configuration wise
this may not be for you totally, the only configuration stuff I have
had to do. Pertained to add services such as OpenNTPD, and apache,
which can all be read in the documentation. Other than the there were
other minor stuff like changing xorg.conf to fit my laptop screen.

--
jonathan