Demonstrating Video at ITEC

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 13:41:25 CDT 2006

I wanted to demonstrate how Linux can do video, even
in a low end box such as mine.  Obviously you cannot
show stuff you have recorded on your MythTV box.

However, I have found a video about FOSS and its use
in poorer countries of the world, first broadcast in
May 2006.  It was produced by the BBC, but they have
released it under the Creative Commons license and
made it available for download.

"The Codebreakers – A BBC World Documentary on FOSS
and Development"

http://www.apdip.net/news/fossdoc

They have it in multiple video formats including DVD
ISO (bittorrent only) and OGG video.  The video is 40
minutes long so if I can find another public domain
video around 20-30 minutes in size, you need only hear
the FOSS documentary six times instead of nine times
(three times every two hours).

Of course I'm jumping ahead here: can there be
demonstration videos playing in ITEC booths?