ITEC Setup and Show Times, also Tables

Matthew Copple mcopple at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 22:54:43 CDT 2006

On 10/18/06, Leo Mauler <webgiant at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I still can't believe the differences between largely
> women's shows and largely men's shows.  My wife does
> new age fairs with her fantasy portraits business and
> they usually go on for 9 or 10 hours a day (there is
> one this weekend which lasts 11-1/2 hours on
> Saturday), but these largely masculine tech shows go
> on for only six hours a day.

It isn't about being masculine...it is about business. Folks who go to
a fantasy convention mean to be there for the duration. It is just as
much social event as con. Folks who go to ITEC intend to find a good
restaurant and a bar after the event. Why spend 12 hours listening to
pitches when you can get fed *and* plastered on the company credit
card?

--
Matthew Copple
mcopple at gmail.com

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the
arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage
of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world
do not have."

-- President Ronald Reagan