Positive Linux PR

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 21:39:37 CDT 2006

--- Leo Mauler <webgiant at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I picked out five reasons to choose Linux and wrote
> short descriptions of each.  Let me know what you
> think:
>
> ====================
> 1. Linux is Free and Open
> 2. Linux is Reliable and Secure
> 3. Linux is Flexible and User-Friendly

> 4. Linux has Applications

I didn't even realize it when I wrote it, but "Linux
has Applications" has a double meaning which doesn't
quite hit you until later: Linux has applications,
meaning it has its uses.  That is the kind of message
we need to have, one which someone reads one meaning
into it right away, "Linux has applications [to run in
Linux]", and then they have a double-take later when
they realize that Linux really does have its
applications (home, business, school, industrial
equipment, etc.).