KCLUG Meeting Oct. 17th, ITEC details?

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 17 22:50:12 CDT 2006

I wanted to be at the meeting tonight.  Who is
bringing the CDs and will some of them be around
before ITEC starts on October 25th?

Setup for ITEC begins at 8am Wednesday morning
(October 25th).  I'll be there unloading my demo
system, "How you can revive older hardware to use
Linux, even OpenOffice.org 2.0!" (PIII-600Mhz, 256MB
RAM, 15GB/4GB/4GB hard drives, Debian "Etch").  I'll
have to trot in a CRT as I have no other type of
monitors, and it helps underline the "revive older
technology" argument.  I can bring along a surge strip
and an extension cord or two.

Do they provide tables like last time?  We should work
out some way to display books vertically (one short
level above the table level) to fit more items on the
tables.

They seemed to have wireless Internet at one time in
the Exhibitor Hall.  I'm toying with getting a
"wireless bridge" so I can use the demo system's
existing wired Ethernet card to demonstrate network
and Internet functions.  The bridge I'm looking at is
a four-port switch as well, so if we have up to four
systems we can link them all together using the
bridge/switch, even if there is no wireless Internet
in the hall.  Demonstrating VNC was popular last year.