MapLinx or ESRI Buisness Map OSS Replacement

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 16:14:40 CST 2006

I know of a guy who has built his own mapping engines and put together
location data from public sources.  He's pretty busy, but he might at
least be able to shed light on certains topics if needed.  Shannon
Larratt has built many location fetures into bmezine.com and it's
sister sites.  He's also recently gone Linux and runs Xubuntu on his
laptop.  He's been moving to UNIX from Windows for a while.  He's done
some really nifty custom work, including a worldwide location mapper,
etc.

Jon.