Keypoint and Linux?

Jeremy Fowler JFowler at westrope.com
Thu Nov 16 11:44:02 CST 2006

Cobol is a programming language but it stores its data in binary flat
files. So in a sense it is its own database. There are applications that
can extract data out of cobal files, but it's a messy task. There is no
such beast as an ODBC cobal driver...

We had a Cobal based Agency Management system here four years ago. We
ended up moving to a SQL based solution from another vendor. We did have
to extract some data from the cobal app, but luckily the new vendor had
experience with our old system and was able to do that for us. The data
wasn't very pretty.

I would recommend your client shop around for a more technologically
advanced trucking system. Or have one designed.