Keypoint and Linux?

RtX riverty at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 10:59:51 CST 2006

A client of mine is running his trucking operation using Transcore's
Keypoint Trucking Software. His current server is a 486-DX2 vintage
machine running SCO UNIX. He has serial terminals to "shell in" to the
server. I'm in charge of upgrading his setup. He wants Windblows
clients (XP Home most likely) and a new server. I wanted to know if
anyone has successfully converted this software to Linux? Seems like
it would/could work. Keypoint wants to sell him a highly overpriced,
under-rated SCO server but I'm not interested in supporting a SCO UNIX
box. I would like to build the server "in-house" and run some flavor
of Linux.

Keypoint did say that they have a few clients running RedHat Linux for
this purpose. They said it uses a Cobol database.

Suggestions or comments?

--
RtX...

Ty Unes - Overland Park, Ks.