Linux question, GUI "lightweight" text editors

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Fri May 12 10:22:04 CDT 2006

 We have TextPad avail. at work.  It seems to do more than Notepad and
more geared to programming, config files and crap I do than Word (to
your mother).

Why don't you start by telling us which editors you've tried, that don't
fit the bill.  Make it a list and save us the multiplicity of emails
that say, "you can do all this with
vi/vim/emacs/gedit/kate/beaver/Ted/kedit."   Yes, I said Beaver.  And it
has  syntax highlighting.  :-)  http://www.nongnu.org/beaver/index.html