X with touchscreen monitors

Daniel Siemens Dsiemens at KCIMPLANTS.COM
Thu Mar 23 13:49:39 CST 2006

The problem is not making it work with the X drivers on the system, it's
making it into a product that you can deploy to an end user.   This
means a friendly calibration utility and configuration options tools.
The free stuff from elotouch.com, the linux_public.zip file is woefully
incomplete.

I see you don't like 3M.  Make a request for their source code, you will
have to sign an NDA but with source they work pretty well.

________________________________

From: kclug-bounces at kclug.org [mailto:kclug-bounces at kclug.org] On Behalf
Of John
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 1:21 PM
To: kclug at kclug.org
Subject: Re: X with touchscreen monitors

I have worked with the Elo drivers before.  These days (considering you
have a newer Elo touch) you use the drivers in X.  You can find how to
setup the drivers at:

http://www.elotouch.com/support/linux.asp

The newer versions of X (4.x.x) include some Elo drivers that should
work.  That is what Elo suggests using.  Just look for the input driver
as instructed and see if it works.  Otherwise, I would look up the
particular model of Elo and try googling for it from there.

I'm glad you asked about Elo's instead of 3M touchscreens so I could
keep my email message at a PG rating ;)

-John Frakes

unixengineer at earthlink.net