X Windows Question

leland sindt leland at sway.org
Thu Mar 23 09:39:38 CST 2006

Hello all,

I am posting here because I am looking for a local (KC area) X resource.
I am currently in the final stages of building a MythTV HDTV PVR. This
is the first Linux box that I have built that is not headless. (read:
usually I do not work with X.) Long story short, I can get the system to
output to a standard monitor without issue (X does a fine job of
determining the proper resolution)  However, when I attach the system to
my Toshiba HDTV (via DVI) I can only get it to output 800x600 (Image
falls off the screen) or 640x480 (image does not fill the screen). At
this point it is my understanding that I need to build a custom modeline
but for the life of me with all the reading that I have done I cannot
grasp the concept.

If you think that you are up the the task and interested, please let me
know.

On another note, I would be interested in attending a meeting, but
chances are I will be out of town mid week as I travel for a living. But
if I happen to be in town I look forward to attending.

Thanks.

-Leland