Highly OT: I request your objective opinion

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Tue Mar 14 14:19:08 CST 2006

Those not interested, delete now;  others read on.

Umm, first off, this does not appear to be religious in nature, so what
was the point of bringing this up?  So you thought Michael Moore was a
nut-job?  This guy is just as far out there in my opinion.  I like how
he blocks out the sound of what is really going on to blather on and on
about a police state.

Sounds like he is saying that someone in our government purposely let
more than 3000 people get killed, just to have an excuse to go to war.
I find that highly suspect.

What I can tell you is that I personally noticed several years before
9-11-01, that certain access points were completely ignored by security,
other than having a card-key door.  I witnessed several people,
apparently baggage handlers and pilots, going thru side doors in the
airport at KMCI, St. Louis, Atlanta, Denver, Las Vegas, LAX,
Chicago-O'Hare, Ft. Meyer's, Dallas and at least a couple others.  That
is EVERY airport I've been in.  If anyone LET this happen, it was the
airlines and the airport facilities management staff and their lax
security procedures.  Years before 9-11-01 we had Die Hard and Die Hard
2 and Nelson DeMille's "The Lion's Game"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0446608262/002-4878195-6655223?v=glance
&n=283155
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0446608262/002-4878195-6655223?v=glanc
e&n=283155>
<http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A//www.amazon.com/
exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0446608262%3Fv%3Dglance&ei=jCEXRP25LqKepAKU_o3zA
Q&sig2=bz-lnx5-oKE8asSeR-NR1Q>

That said, you can't guard against or plan for every eventuality.  It is
impossible.  Just like when trying to make something idiot-proof, the
universe comes up with a better idiot.  Try to make someplace
theft-proof or terror-proof and a more creative thief or terrorist will
rise up.  Witness the shoe-bomber.  Who would have ever thought of
putting a bomb in your shoe.  None of us in our right minds can imagine
the lengths that someone would go to in order to harm others for no real
solid gain.  I would say that at some point they will give up on trying
to hurt people, but in my opinion, they are crazy and will never give up
and try to live in a society built on compromise.