OT: Needed: Camping Tents

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 11 22:39:04 CST 2006

--- Luke-Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:

> On Thursday 09 March 2006 23:45,
> Leo Mauler wrote:
> > If anyone has a good used tent they'd
> > like to get rid of for free, please
> > contact me off-list.
>
> Come on, this is a list for *Linux users*.
> As if we'd *camp* or do *anything*
> outdoors? =p j/k

Well, the point was that the tent was used (sometime
in the past) and now *no longer needed* (by a *Linux
user*).  :)

I do seem to recall the "User Friendly" guys going off
on a camping trip in "the big blue room", and
surviving the experience (http://tinyurl.com/qyhcg,
text-only).  Of course, Greg had a seizure on the way
to the campground when he found out there would be no
electricity, and Pitr almost melted in the morning
sunlight.  Now, the interesting bit is that the comic
strip series was in June-July 2000, and at the end
Miranda asks when they should do the camping trip
again, and one of the guys says "I'm thinking in
2006."  :)

(this comic strip series appears in the "User
Friendly" book "The Root Of All Evil")