Which wireless card?

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 17:25:00 CST 2006

On 2/12/06, Justin Dugger <jldugger at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've had a well versed network tech for a local uni suggest that
> orinocco cards are fantastic. I can't remember what he said about
> cisco cards.  But definately make sure when you pick out something
> that you see the device listed by the drivers you intend to use.

I'll second that.  I've got an old Dell TrueMobile 1500 802.11b card, which
is an ORiNoCo  Gold OEM'd.  It's only B, and it's 16-bit PCMCIA, but it
works pretty much flawlessly in any distro newer than 3 years old or so,
I've even used it with an old copy of FreeBSD, say 4.3ish on a 486SLC50
laptop for WarDrving.  Very capable, very compatible cards.

Jon.