Graphics files

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Mon Jul 17 08:37:24 CDT 2006

 I have Kubuntu Dapper 6.06 AMD64 at home and have loaded/ran Easyubuntu
in order to get added repos, multimedia, etc.  I have system sounds
working and I get audio and video from a DVD playing in the drive, but
.mp3 files give no sound when played in Amarok.

Crweb had me install some lib stuff that should have added support, but
"w32codecs" said it had no installation target, like it had changed it's
name.  He linked me to a .deb, which wouldn't install because it was
meant for i386 and not x64.

I'll check out the following links tonight to see if that sheds more
insight.