Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Aug 23 23:02:44 CDT 2006

On Wednesday 23 August 2006 17:36, Luke-Jr wrote:

> This list (dnsbl.sorbs.net) is not necessarily spammers and should NOT be a
> sole basis for blocking email.
> Someone with admin on the KCLUG server please remove this ridiculous block.
> I am not using my ISP's SMTP relay because it also is blocked-- not because
> it is dynamic, but because it is on a legitimate spam blacklist.

Hear, hear!

I agree with this enough to reconfigure and restart my mail server just to
route around this block.

It's far more likely that a LUG user is running a legitimate mail server that
is MORE secure from spam than his ISP's than that the list is getting spammed
by some viral bot on a home winbox.  Use dnsbl.sorbs.org for scoring, not for
blocking.