ITEC in October

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 00:41:26 CDT 2006

How new do the demo machines have to be to do the
relatively new stuff?  I've seen some $40 PIII-600Mhz
machines with 128MB RAM at the Surplus Exchange, and
I've been meaning to get a test machine anyway.  I
could even upgrade the RAM to--gasp!--256MB!

"Look at how fast this old PC runs on Linux...you'd
never guess it only had 256MB RAM in it!"

Last year I brought in my very old laptop and did VNC
to Monty's laptop.  My laptop was running DSL Linux
0.5 off CD.  If we had a regular PC and a couple of
laptops the booth would look very decent.

Then all we would need is someone to borrow a LCD
projector off their company and we'd have the tech
booth of tomorrow...