linspire releases freespire release candidate; here's a review of it

RtX riverty at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 20:56:35 CDT 2006

I must say that I like the business model that Freespire has. Download
the OS snapshot for free, then pay $20.00 / year for access to their
pre-compiled and configured software bank. For some reason, I really
don't mind paying a reasonable price for a company to do this work for
me. $20.00 / year is just easier to swallow for Linux as opposed to
paying $150.00 every 2 - 3 years for bloated MS code!