Semi-OT: Macintosh networking

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 22:33:03 CDT 2005

Mac OS 8.what? It'll make a bit of a difference on what is already included
to network and what apps you can run. I'm assuming the PowerMac has an
ethernet port. :) It should be very simple to just plug them both into a
router and have at it by enabling the File Sharing setup. Depending on the
version of OS 8, DHCP might not work well. Newer versions (8.5, 8.6) should
work fine. IIRC 8.0 and 8.1 might be finicky. The Mini should work great
with any regular file sharing setup, ie, AppleTalk IP, Samba, FTP, etc.

Jon.