OT: Mac OSX, Squirrelmail question

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 09:48:32 CDT 2005

--- Chris Bier wrote:

> Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO wrote:
> > Why don't they like to type squirrel?  I think
> they are prejudice
> > against the letter Q.  Q needs some love too.

The quick hack for this of course is to create aliases
for the mispellings. ;')

As far as how to permanantly fix this, run
squirrelmail-configure (or whatever the OSX equivalent
is) and under the server menu (#2 of main menu) look
for an entry for the domain (#1 in submenu). In my
case the mail name comes from the /etc/mailname file.
YMMV.
Also users can modify their addresses from the web via
under the options -> personal information  selection.
I've not used this feature so do not know the effect
this has on addressing. I'm running under Linux so
this may be of little or no help to you, but I suspect
the file structure and configuration tools are
similar.

HTH,
Brian