WoW on FC4?

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 25 00:50:56 CDT 2005

--- djgoku <djgoku at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/24/05, Jon Moss <jon.moss at cnonline.net> wrote:
> > Before I do this (and waste the license or
> > authentication code or whatever proprietary
> licensing the makers of World of Warcraft use), I
> want to poll the local Linux community to see if
> anyone else had done this and ask for suggestions.
>
> I think what you are looking for is Cedega. First
> link is to Cedegas website, second is showing WoW
> working in Linux with Cedega. IIRC JClinton has
> WoW working on Linux with Cedega right Jason?

http://www.transgaming.com/

http://transgaming.org/gamesdb/games/view.mhtml?game_id=3518

I haven't been a member of the TransGaming "club" in
awhile, but a couple years back WoW was high on their
list for games to run with WineX (now known as
Cedega).

You'll have to be a member of the TransGaming "club"
to download Cedega binaries, but its not too
expensive, $5 a month.  Be sure to sign up for at
least three months to avoid agreeing to pay $5 a month
forever (unless you'd like to remain a member
forever).

The source code is free, but I sure don't feel up to
the task of compiling Cedega on anything.