WoW on FC4?

Jon Moss jon.moss at cnonline.net
Sat Sep 24 11:26:40 CDT 2005

Good morning, everyone!  Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

My son wants to play World of Warcraft, but I really don't want to install
Windows just so he can play an RPG.  I prefer text based RPGs but he
insists on 3D virtual reality.

Anyway, I did some searching this morning via Google and it appears you
can install World of Warcraft through the latest Wine (which I have
installed) and use OpenGL.

Before I do this (and waste the license or authentication code or whatever
proprietary licensing the makers of World of Warcraft use), I want to poll
the local Linux community to see if anyone else had done this and ask for
suggestions.

Thanks!

Jon Moss
Lansing, Kansas