OpenOffice.org Bloatware?

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Sun Oct 30 16:04:45 CST 2005

On Sunday 30 October 2005 02:28 pm, Leo Mauler wrote:
> I find it somewhat reprehensible that the
> Accessibility tools require Java, as if it wasn't
> already going to be processor and memory intensive to
> allow people with disabilities to use the office
> suite.

I find Java as reprehensible as the next guy but there is hope. There is
now a fairly complete Java front-end to GCC which compiles Java to
native code called GCJ. It requires a support library called libgcj and
it isn't very optimized yet but it requires a _LOT_ less space than the
JRE's distributed by Sun and IBM. Also check out the Classpath project
which is working on implementing the Java standard library.

I use digital signatures and encryption. My key is stored at pgp.mit.edu
0x8DB3BF09 FP: F628 D9D3 E57A C281 5EFE - 7DF7 B52A A393 8DB3 BF09