OpenOffice.org Bloatware?

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 29 12:36:57 CDT 2005

Here's a question: just what does OOo use Java for?
If its something most people don't use, then I'd feel
better about turning off Java (like the article
suggests).

I've always been worried about installing OOo before
installing Java because of that screen during the OOo
installer demanding a Java installation.  If I don't
really need Java for OOo then I'd much prefer not to
run it with OOo.