ITEC Live CD update

Monty J. Harder mjharder at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 23:30:13 CDT 2005

On 10/23/05, Dale Beams <drbeams at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Windows versions of Open Source on Ubuntu
>
> This has actually been a feature of Ubuntu for some time. I have been
> using
> and burning CDs for people with this feature in mind. Try it on windows
> and
> if your comfortable, try Linux as well.

 I don't think that's quite the right approach. The whole point of the live
cd is that they can try out the whole enchilada and see if their hardware is
supported by the distro, how the included apps work, etc. The Windows
versions provide a fallback position, for those not ready to jump in and
install Linux... and a 'bridge': A lot of people have more than one computer
in their lives, say home and work, or his-n-hers laptops (and a desktop PC
for the kids?). Being able to install Open Office on the wife's laptop and
my work PC off the same CD as the live demo is just too cool.