ITEC Planning [Was: Free Fedora CDs]

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 12:59:47 CDT 2005

if we're running out of free things we need to raise the price.

"Normally these are free, but as an ITEC special you can pay us five dollars."

it would even be funny. We could donate the proceeds to linux international
and the EFF.

On 10/7/05, Jason Clinton <me at jasonclinton.com> wrote:
> On Friday 07 October 2005 10:30 am, Bill Cavalieri wrote:
> > Last year we gave away several different distro's and it seemed work
> > very well.  Some people knew what they wanted and asked if we had it,
> > others we just gave what sounded to be best for their needs.
>
> Two years ago, we ran out on the first day and I spent the rest of the show
> sitting at my computer burning new ISO's telling people to come back in 15
> minutes for their copy. That was the basis for the decision to not hand out
> installer CD's last year. This was also the year that everything close down
> early because no one came to the show... and we still ran out.
>
> And last year the CD's didn't arrive until the first day was almost over [1].
> And they were Live CD's, 75% of which were Knoppix -- the other 25% were SuSE
> 9.1. And we were about 200 CD's short [2]. If by 'several', you mean 'mostly
> Knoppix' then yea.
>
> [1] http://www.kclug.org/pipermail/kclug/2004-October/026193.html
> [2] http://www.kclug.org/pipermail/kclug/2004-October/026105.html
>
> --
> I use digital signatures and encryption. My key is stored at pgp.mit.edu key
> ID code: "0x8DB3BF09". F: F628 D9D3 E57A C281 5EFE  7DF7 B52A A393 8DB3 BF09

David L Nicol
"You aren't being graded on how many you respond to." -- joe