A Solution (was Re: Semi-OT: Macintosh networking)

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 15:52:35 CDT 2005

A quick look at the start page and it looks promising. One thing I just
remembered, as I am working on installing Ubuntu PPC on an old 7600/132, is
that on the OS X machine you must go to the Network CP, the AppleTalk tab,
and make sure AppleTlak is checked 'active'. I couldn't see any shares
though Chooser on either machine until I did so. Now it works fine using the
iMac to accdess the 7600. The 7600 can not access the share on the iMac. It
always gets a "connection was reset" error.

7600/132 OS 7.6 2GB, 144MB
iMac 350 OS X.2.8, 10GB 256MB

Jon.