Semi-OT: Macintosh networking

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 14:28:02 CDT 2005

To get Samba on a Classic OS seems to need 3rd party non-free software.
However, netatalk can be run on Linux/BSD so if you can get the two Macs to
talk you should be able to set something up on the Linux server to get files
through it. Macs can do AppleTalk as either LocalTalk (serial ports) or
EtherTalk (ethernet) and also AppleTalk IP. You'll need to set the
8.1machine up for AppleTalk over ethernet.