Kcata.org

Melissa Attaway melissa at dattaway.org
Sat Nov 26 20:53:44 CST 2005

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005, Luke-Jr wrote:

> On Saturday 26 November 2005 01:45, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>> Anyone has any idea why the Kcata Trip Planner is Windows/IE only, despite
>> the fact that it is a server side application:
>> http://68.166.86.20/etripplanner/
>
> Seems to work decent if you spoof IE's user agent

I'd say the person who wrote the planner may had no idea how restrictive
this application really is...

I tried a little "MS Front Page" web page builder script from my web
hosting service and it did what you describe.  It made a web page with a
script checking for the browser and possible active-x functions.  I
suppose it would work with IE, but for the internet at large, it was so
broken, I uninstalled it.

I guess it was a web page building application for someone's senior
class project and never really made to work for everyone.