SBC to unbundle local service from dsl

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Thu Nov 17 22:16:37 CST 2005

On Wednesday 16 November 2005 06:01, Jim Herrmann wrote:
> The only real reason that I need a land line phone is because I have
> teenagers.  Sun Rocket includes two lines in their price.  Perfect to
> have a teen on one line, and have the other ring through.  If it weren't
> for the young'ns I would just have cell phones and internet.

Where's the logic in that? VoIP gives you *unlimited* lines... provided you
have enough lines in your home and bandwidth, of course. The Linksys PAP2-NA
supports two analog phone lines on separate wires, but I don't imagine it
would be too hard to tie them together into a single wire.
Of course, if you have all IP phones, then they all get their own line... only
problem there is you can't just pickup on the same line to have two people
talking on your end ;)