SBC to unbundle local service from dsl

David Spake dspake at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 17 12:23:16 CST 2005

It was in the KC Star back in May, 2005 when they were
first talking about it.  Apparently it's part of a
deal when the two companies bought AT&T cable.

"
The companies have established a trigger in June 2006
that allows one party to force a breakup. The
non-triggering party would get its choice between
taking the Kansas City operations and a cable property
in southwest Texas, or a Houston property.

"More likely than not, what will happen come June of
2006, we'll pull the trigger," Smith said. "When we
pull the trigger, we'll put a value on the asset. It's
very clear that Time Warner wants Houston. It's quite
probable that unless we put too high a price on
Houston, that they will end up getting Houston ,and
we'll end up with southwest Texas and Kansas City."

"
http://kansascity.bizjournals.com/kansascity/stories/2005/05/09/daily25.html

Probably the only reason I'm still on SBC DSL.  Didn't
want to try RR cable knowing it would disappear soon.

Dave