SBC to unbundle local service from dsl

Kendrick kulua at linux2themax.com
Tue Nov 15 23:07:23 CST 2005

Jason Dewayne Clinton wrote:

>On Tuesday 15 November 2005 07:18 pm, Leo Mauler wrote:
>

>>That $29.99 is for six months, then the price goes
>>up a bit.
>>
>>Naturally, TimeWarner doesn't have any information
>>on its website as to the regular price of RoadRunner
>>by itself.  No doubt the price will be a little lower
>>than the cost of basic cable plus RoadRunner.
>>

>Time Warner has always offered unbundled internet access. The
>residential service is currently $44.95/mo with no contract. That's for
>384k upstream / 5m downstream guaranteed.

http://twcable.agent.conversagent.com/?region=kansas-city
Type in 'pricing'

SBC DSL at the same rates is $5/mo more, requires a year contract, and
the speeds you get are dependant on your proximity to the SLAM in your
neighborhood:
https://swot.sbc.com/swot/dslCategoryLanding.do

I've had DSL and IMHO it's a nuisance. The copper around midtown is all
too old and cooroded to carry consistent data services -- far too prone
to interference and line noise. I always had problems when I had it. As
soon as my contract was up I jumped ship and haven't looked back.

-------

this will be intresting to see for the aquisition of adelphia here in
vermont its adelphia > comcast so im in about the same boat as you.. btw
i suspect the aquisition of adelphia is behind the switch in kc