SWB cable and sshd

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Mon Nov 14 07:52:30 CST 2005

Any number of things could be wrong.

First, does he have a hardware firewall between him and the modem?  If
so, it probably does NAT and port-forwarding, but you need to
specifically allow port 22 or another port open to connections from your
IP, and have it forward to his PC on port 22.

Next, software firewall,  add a rule to allow connections from your IP
to his port 22.

If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the
computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per
gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.  - Robert X.
Cringely