Job Opportunity

Sexton, Kyle ksexton at gsihosting.com
Wed Nov 2 13:02:38 CST 2005

All,

My company has a job opening that I thought might interest users on this
list.

Please go to http://www.gsihosting.com/careers/submit-resume-to-gsi.aspx
to submit your resume.  We are looking to have all resumes in by Monday
of next week.

Network Engineer
Schedule: Saturday & Sunday Midnight -12:30, Monday & Tuesday
8:00am-4:30pm Job Description:
Responsible for the configuration, operation, and administration of
servers running Windows and Linux.  Design and implement solutions to
customer issues.  Take incoming calls from valued customers to assist
with a variety of issues.  Help customers on both dedicated and shared
server platforms.  Install PC components in order to fit server
requirements.  Create cross connects from core routers to customer
end-points.  Perform daily maintenance and monitoring of core
infrastructure (Power, Air Conditioning, and Security).  Assist with
workstation support and deployment.

ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Install and configure Windows
- Install and configure Linux
- Monitor servers and respond to server issues
- Develop accurate solutions to customer problems
- Assist customers on the telephone
- Configure ports on switches
- Add/Remove/Change firewall rules
- Document problem resolution procedures
- Dependable regular attendance

DUTIES:
- Respond effectively and promptly to customer issues
- Act on any server problems to restore functionality
- Daily monitoring of environmental conditions
- Communicates effectively with peers
- Assist internally with workstation support and server support
- Performing tasks related to backups and offsite storage of GSI and
client data

SUPPORTING JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with support of custom software application
- Wire and cable of network infrastructure as demand arises

REQURIED SKILLS:
- Linux
- Scripting and Automation(Perl or VBScript)
- Windows Server (2000/2003)
- IIS 5 and 6
- Active Directory (Design, Implement, Manage)
- Routing
- Firewalls
- Microsoft SQL
- Server Applications (FTP/E-Mail/Telnet/HTTP)
- Network Documentation (Visio/Word/Excel)
- Communications Skills - Strong or Excellent
- MCP/MCSE - Highly Preferable

Thanks,
Kyle Sexton