Firefox sercurity questions

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon May 30 10:05:01 CDT 2005

On Sunday 29 May 2005 08:15 pm, D. Hageman wrote:

> I think these questions are the reason why the firefox distributed by
> Fedora/RedHat have the update feature disabled.

Mandrake has it disabled too.

The good news is that distributors such as RedHat often find and fix the
vulnerabilities before they distribute their packages, so that even  if the
aparant version number is not the same as the one patched by the developer,
the package has in fact been patched.

There have been some grumblings in the Linux press that Mozilla should get
it's act together when it comes to Linux releases.  Their installers no
longer represent acceptable practices when it comes to modern distributions.

Mozilla has a long tradition of resistance to user feedback though - it's all
about new features!