pull down menu over graphic

Jared jared at hatwhite.com
Mon May 9 14:40:36 CDT 2005

> Help!
>
> I know I must be doing something wrong.
> Can anyone show me a sample of how to create a pull
> down
> menu over a graphic image in a table data column. I
> prefer a javascript or php solution, but I'll take
> perl or whatever. I thought I had it, but it's not
> working.
> It needs to disappear when not activated and appear
> when a mouseover or click event happens. I've wracked
> my brain on this and tried many 'menu code samples' to
> no avail.
>
> Brian D.

Be more precise: are you looking for a menu that
appears when you mouseover a TD cell? Where does it
appear?

It sounds like the following example might work for
you if you just need a rich tooltip kind of thing
http://www.dyn-web.com/dhtml/tooltips/hover-tip.html

http://surguy.net/menu/index.html or
http://tutorials.alsacreations.com/commentaires/
for CSS-only menus if that helps; you can hack this
kind of code to make it work only over a certain
<TD> cell.

-Jared