database

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 13:32:38 CDT 2005

--- Dave Hull wrote:
> Quoting Leo Mauler <webgiant at yahoo.com>:
>
> > I guess what I'll end up using is SQLite, as the
> > poster who mentioned it said that it has an easy
> > learning curve.
>
> Haven't used SQLite, but I recall the learning curve
> for MySQL was pretty
> shallow. Hell, if I learned it anyone can. And if
> you have learned Linux then
> you can learn MySQL. I'm going to hazard a guess
> that the install base for
> MySQL is larger than the install base for SQLite so
> getting help with MySQL is
> probably going to be easier. I don't recall seeing
> very many books at the local
> book shop on SQLite, but there's plenty on MySQL.
I'm going to have to agree with Dave on this one.
The learning curve for MySQL is going to be probably
not much more than SQLite (I also haven't seen
SQLite).
Plus, if you ever need to do some powerful SQL stuff
or ever want to play around with doing powerful SQL
stuff,
then you'll just be able to do them with MySQL. If you
go with SQLite, and then you need to do some tricky
types of stuff with the data, you'll probably have to
port everything over to another DB. From what I
understand of SQLite, that is. I hear it is sort of
like MySQL in the early days. Lastly, with MySQL
you'll be garaunteed to be able to speak to any
important database.

JMHO,
Brian D.