Good Starter Language? (was Re: REALBasic and OpenAL)

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 13:39:34 CST 2005

If not BASIC, then what would be the programming
language of choice for the beginner?

Ideas accepted from all.

--- "D. Hageman" <dhageman at dracken.com> wrote:

> I know a couple of weeks ago I posted a message
> recommended a person not learn REALBasic for
> their first language.  I still believe in this
> very much, but we do apparently have a couple
> of people on this list that work with REALBasic.

.

And I always thought: the very simplest words
Must be enough. When I say what things are like
Everyone's heart must be torn to shreds.
That you'll go down if you don't stand up for yourself
Surely you see that.

  -- Bertolt Brecht