Date Dunce

Jonathan djgoku at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 16:29:43 CST 2005

>> On the contrary.  A mis-dated message to a list, especially a tech
>> list, is like a loud fart in an elevator - and there's no doubt who
>> did it.
>
> So to apply a mercy killing to this thread- "No more ClockNazis."

This wasn't suppose to be a fartwar/flamewar/ClockNazis/stuff/more
stuff/something. I think I was just noting that your time was off and it
would be nice if you fix it.

I have an OpenBSD box running OpenNTPD. When a local box time is off
(running linux, and soon to be at boottime it will run rdate -s
OpenBSD_IP) I just rdate -s OpenBSD_IP and is jumps the time to the
server. Then OpenNTPD client on the linux box keeps the time in sync.

Software:
   http://www.ntp.org/
   http://www.openntpd.org/

Thanks,