Date Dunce

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 00:06:23 CST 2005

--- Oren Beck wrote:
> Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> > On Wednesday 23 March 2005 03:27 pm, Oren Beck
> wrote:

> Perhaps in some forums where project or version
> issues were at stake.
> In a mundane LUG list usually trivial header info is
> not even looked at .
> Now to be fair making someone aware of a potential
> issue can be good.
> Then again it can get WAY too involved by all
> parties concerned.
> So to apply a mercy killing to this thread- "No more
> ClockNazis."

1) It is not about trivial header info, but about the
way mail is sorted in mail clients.
2) Some of us sort messages by date, whether we choose
to or not. Such as yahoo, which has two formats sort
by ascending or descending date.
3) Enough future dates in a list archive will push new
posts off of the page which might be a burden for
other listers to deal with. ;')
4) You can't kill a thread until it is dead and the
dead horse is beaten repeatedly. Nazis or no Nazis.
5) Flamewars are necessary to burn off the chaff and
make fresh ground for new growth. ;')

Brian D.