Update - Re: Linux Audio "VCR"?

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 26 19:36:21 CST 2005

As an update, I've swapped out the PII-300Mhz machine
for an 850Mhz Duron so I can try out a solution which
involves creating a WAV stream but then directly
encoding the WAV stream to a MP3 file.  Its an
Ecasound project, I found it here:

http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue94/yan-fa.html

I am altering the original project by using a single
station radio and recording from Line-In (I only have
recording needs on NPR).  Otherwise it will be the
same thing.

The guy who wrote the thing said that he wouldn't want
to try it with less than a PII-450Mhz machine.

And I always thought: the very simplest words
Must be enough. When I say what things are like
Everyone's heart must be torn to shreds.
That you'll go down if you don't stand up for yourself
Surely you see that.

  -- Bertolt Brecht